Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
a. The act of indenting.
b. The condition of being indented.
2. The blank space between a margin and the beginning of an indented line.
3. Archaic An indentation or dent.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) another word for indentation4
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the indenting of a written or printed line.
2. the blank space left by indenting.
3. the act of indenting or the state of being indented.
4. Archaic. indentation.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||indention - the space left between the margin and the start of an indented line|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.