Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
n. pl. in·fe·lic·i·ties
1. The quality or condition of being infelicitous.
2. Something inappropriate or unpleasing.
n, pl -ties
1. the state or quality of being unhappy or unfortunate
2. an instance of bad luck or mischance; misfortune
3. something, esp a remark or expression, that is inapt or inappropriate
in•fe•lic•i•ty(ˌɪn fəˈlɪs ɪ ti)
n., pl. -ties.
1. the quality or state of being unhappy; unhappiness.
2. misfortune; bad luck.
3. an unfortunate circumstance.
4. inaptness or inappropriateness, as of action or expression.
5. something infelicitous: infelicities of prose style.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||infelicity - inappropriate and unpleasing manner or style (especially manner or style of expression)|
inappropriateness, unworthiness - the quality of being not particularly suitable or befitting; "he retracted nothing that he had said about the inappropriateness of either a corporeal God or a God who is a person"; "his praise released from her loud protestations of her unworthiness"