infighting(redirected from infightings)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
1. Contentious rivalry or disagreement among members of a group or organization: infighting on the President's staff.
2. Fighting or boxing at close range.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Boxing) boxing combat at close quarters in which proper blows are inhibited and the fighters try to wear down each other's strength
2. intense competition, as between members of the same organization, esp when kept secret from outsiders
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. fighting at close range.
2. fighting between rivals or people closely associated: political infighting.
3. free-for-all fighting.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Dictionary of Unfamiliar Words by Diagram Group Copyright © 2008 by Diagram Visual Information Limited
infighting[ˈɪnfaɪtɪŋ] N (in organization) → lucha f interna (Boxing) → lucha f cuerpo a cuerpo
political infighting → peleas fpl políticas
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005