Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
Related to informational: Informational efficiency
1. Knowledge or facts learned, especially about a certain subject or event. See Synonyms at knowledge.
2. The act of informing or the condition of being informed; communication of knowledge: Safety instructions are provided for the information of our passengers.
3. Computers Processed, stored, or transmitted data.
4. A numerical measure of the uncertainty of an experimental outcome.
5. Law A formal accusation of a crime made by a public officer rather than by grand jury indictment in instances in which the offense, if a federal crime, is not a felony or in which the offense, if a state crime, is allowed prosecution in that manner rather than by indictment.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||informational - relating to or having the nature of information|