ingressive(redirected from ingressives)
1. Of, relating to, or involving ingress.
2. Grammar Inchoative.
3. Linguistics Of or being a speech sound produced with an inhalation of breath.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. of or concerning ingress
2. (Phonetics & Phonology) (of a speech sound) pronounced with an inhalation rather than exhalation of breath
(Phonetics & Phonology) an ingressive speech sound, such as a Zulu click
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. of or pertaining to ingress.
2. (of a speech sound) produced with air being taken into the mouth, as some clicks.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.