Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to ingrown: Ingrown fingernail
1. Grown abnormally into the flesh: an ingrown toenail.
2. Innate or inveterate: ingrown habits.
3. Having the attention focused inward; having little exchange with others; insular: "the small, ingrown world of lower Manhattan" (Forbes).
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Pathology) (esp of a toenail) grown abnormally into the flesh; covered by adjacent tissues
2. grown within; native; innate
3. excessively concerned with oneself, one's own particular group, etc
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. having grown into the flesh: an ingrown toenail.
2. grown within or inward.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
ingrownadj encarnada, enterrada (esp. Mex)
English-Spanish/Spanish-English Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.