inheritable(redirected from inheritableness)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Capable of being inherited: inheritable traits; inheritable property.
2. Having the right to inherit or the capability of inheriting: an inheritable heir.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Genetics) capable of being transmitted by heredity from one generation to a later one
2. capable of being inherited
3. rare capable of inheriting; having the right to inherit
inˌheritaˈbility, inˈheritableness n
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
in•her•it•a•ble(ɪnˈhɛr ɪ tə bəl)
1. capable of being inherited.
2. capable of inheriting; qualified to inherit.
[1375–1425; late Middle English < Anglo-French]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.