inkberry(redirected from inkberries)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. An evergreen holly (Ilex glabra) of eastern North America, having leathery foliage and black berries and often cultivated for hedges and borders.
2. See pokeweed.
n, pl -ries
1. (Plants) a North American holly tree, Ilex glabra, with black berry-like fruits
2. (Plants) another name for the pokeweed
3. (Plants) the fruit of either of these plants
ink•ber•ry(ˈɪŋkˌbɛr i, -bə ri)
n., pl. -ries.
1. a holly bush, Ilexglabra, of E North America, with leathery leaves and black berries.
2. the pokeweed.
3. the berry of either plant.