inside track(redirected from inside tracks)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
1. Informal An advantageous position, as in a competition.
2. Sports The path next to the inner rail in a curved racetrack.
1. (Horse Racing) the inner and therefore shorter side of a racecourse
2. informal a position of advantage: the local man has the inside track in this contest.
1. the inner, or shorter, track of a racecourse.
2. an advantageous position in a competitive situation.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||inside track - a favorable position in a competition; "the boss's son had the inside track for that job"|
|2.||inside track - the inner side of a curved racecourse|
n → Innenbahn f