Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. The inner sole of a shoe or boot.
2. An extra strip of material put inside a shoe for comfort or protection. In both senses also called innersole.
1. (Clothing & Fashion) the inner sole of a shoe or boot
2. (Clothing & Fashion) a loose additional inner sole used to give extra warmth, comfort, etc
1. the inner sole of a shoe or boot.
2. a thickness of material laid as an inner sole within a shoe.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||insole - the inner sole of a shoe or boot where the foot rests|
boot - footwear that covers the whole foot and lower leg
shoe - footwear shaped to fit the foot (below the ankle) with a flexible upper of leather or plastic and a sole and heel of heavier material
sole - the underside of footwear or a golf club