Also found in: Medical, Wikipedia.
1. Located or made for use between the teeth.
2. Pronounced with the tip of the tongue between the teeth, as (th) in that or (th) in thumb.
An interdental consonant.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Dentistry) situated between teeth
2. (Phonetics & Phonology) phonetics (of a consonant) pronounced with the tip of the tongue lying between the upper and lower front teeth, as for the th sounds in English thin and then
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
in•ter•den•tal(ˌɪn tərˈdɛn tl)
1. between teeth.
2. (of a consonant) articulated with the tip of the tongue between the upper and lower front teeth, as the fricatives (t) and (th) of thy and thigh.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.