interdental(redirected from interdental septum)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to interdental septum: interradicular septum
1. Located or made for use between the teeth.
2. Pronounced with the tip of the tongue between the teeth, as (th) in that or (th) in thumb.
An interdental consonant.
1. (Dentistry) situated between teeth
2. (Phonetics & Phonology) phonetics (of a consonant) pronounced with the tip of the tongue lying between the upper and lower front teeth, as for the th sounds in English thin and then
in•ter•den•tal(ˌɪn tərˈdɛn tl)
1. between teeth.
2. (of a consonant) articulated with the tip of the tongue between the upper and lower front teeth, as the fricatives (t) and (th) of thy and thigh.