recombinant(redirected from interferon alfa-2a)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. An organism, cell, or virus in which genetic recombination has taken place.
2. Material produced by genetic engineering.
1. Formed by or showing recombination: a recombinant chromosome.
2. Of or relating to recombinant DNA: recombinant fragments; recombinant technology.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Genetics) produced by the combining of genetic material from more than one origin
(Genetics) a chromosome, cell, organism, etc, the genetic makeup of which results from recombination
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
re•com•bi•nant(riˈkɒm bə nənt)
1. of or resulting from new combinations of genetic material: recombinant cells.n.
2. a cell or organism whose genetic material results from recombination.
3. the genetic material produced when segments of DNA from different sources are joined to produce recombinant DNA.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||recombinant - a cell or organism in which genetic recombination has occurred|
organism, being - a living thing that has (or can develop) the ability to act or function independently
cell - (biology) the basic structural and functional unit of all organisms; they may exist as independent units of life (as in monads) or may form colonies or tissues as in higher plants and animals
|Adj.||1.||recombinant - of or relating to recombinant DNA|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
English-Spanish/Spanish-English Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.