Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Of, relating to, or located on the inside; inner.
2. Of or relating to one's mental or spiritual being: "She thinks she has no soul, no interior life, but the truth is that she has no access to it" (David Denby).
3. Situated away from a coast or border; inland.
1. The internal portion or area.
2. One's mental or spiritual life.
3. The inland part of a political or geographic entity.
4. The internal affairs of a country or nation.
5. A representation of the inside of a building or room, as in a photograph.
in·te′ri·or′i·ty (-ôr′ĭ-tē, -ŏr′-) n.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Psychology) the quality of being focused on one's inner life and identity
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014