internationalist(redirected from internationalistly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. The condition or quality of being international in character, principles, concern, or attitude.
2. A policy or practice of cooperation among nations, especially in politics and economic matters.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) an advocate of internationalism
2. (Law) a person versed in international law
3. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) (capital) a member of an International
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
in•ter•na•tion•al•ist(ˌɪn tərˈnæʃ ə nl ɪst)
1. an advocate of internationalism.
2. an expert in international law and relations.
3. (cap.) a member or adherent of a communist or socialist International.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||internationalist - an advocate of internationalism|
|2.||internationalist - a member of a socialist or communist international|
International - any of several international socialist organizations
socialist - a political advocate of socialism
|Adj.||1.||internationalist - influenced by or advocating internationalism|
international - concerning or belonging to all or at least two or more nations; "international affairs"; "an international agreement"; "international waters"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
adj [belief, opinion] → internationaliste
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
n → Internationalist(in) m(f)
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007