internationalist(redirected from Internationalists)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. The condition or quality of being international in character, principles, concern, or attitude.
2. A policy or practice of cooperation among nations, especially in politics and economic matters.
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) an advocate of internationalism
2. (Law) a person versed in international law
3. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) (capital) a member of an International
in•ter•na•tion•al•ist(ˌɪn tərˈnæʃ ə nl ɪst)
1. an advocate of internationalism.
2. an expert in international law and relations.
3. (cap.) a member or adherent of a communist or socialist International.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||internationalist - an advocate of internationalism|
|2.||internationalist - a member of a socialist or communist international|
International - any of several international socialist organizations
socialist - a political advocate of socialism
|Adj.||1.||internationalist - influenced by or advocating internationalism|
international - concerning or belonging to all or at least two or more nations; "international affairs"; "an international agreement"; "international waters"