Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Existing or occurring between the sexes: intersexual competition.
2. Having anatomical characteristics that are neither typically male nor typically female.
An intersexual person.
in′ter·sex′u·al′i·ty (-ăl′ĭ-tē) n.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Biology) occurring or existing between the sexes
2. (Zoology) relating to or being an intersex
ˌinterˌsexuˈality, ˌinterˈsexualism n
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
in•ter•sex•u•al(ˌɪn tərˈsɛk ʃu əl)
1. existing between the sexes; done or used by both sexes.
2. pertaining to or having the characteristics of an intersex.
in`ter•sex`u•al′i•ty, in`ter•sex′u•al•ism, n.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||intersexual - existing or occurring between the sexes|
sexual - having or involving sex; "sexual reproduction"; "sexual spores"
|2.||intersexual - having sexual characteristics intermediate between those of male and female|
androgynous - having both male and female characteristics
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.