Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Existing or occurring between the sexes: intersexual competition.
2. Having anatomical characteristics that are neither typically male nor typically female.
An intersexual person.
in′ter·sex′u·al′i·ty (-ăl′ĭ-tē) n.
1. (Biology) occurring or existing between the sexes
2. (Zoology) relating to or being an intersex
ˌinterˌsexuˈality, ˌinterˈsexualism n
in•ter•sex•u•al(ˌɪn tərˈsɛk ʃu əl)
1. existing between the sexes; done or used by both sexes.
2. pertaining to or having the characteristics of an intersex.
in`ter•sex`u•al′i•ty, in`ter•sex′u•al•ism, n.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||intersexual - existing or occurring between the sexes|
sexual - having or involving sex; "sexual reproduction"; "sexual spores"
|2.||intersexual - having sexual characteristics intermediate between those of male and female|
androgynous - having both male and female characteristics