invagination(redirected from invaginations)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. The act or process of invaginating or the condition of being invaginated.
2. An invaginated organ or part.
3. Embryology The infolding of a portion of the outer layer of a blastula in the formation of a gastrula.
1. (Pathology) pathol the process of invaginating or the condition of being invaginated; intussusception
2. (Pathology) pathol an invaginated organ or part
3. (Biology) an infolding of the outer layer of cells of an organism or part of an organism so as to form a pocket in the surface, as in the embryonic development of a gastrula from a blastula
in•vag•i•na•tion(ɪnˌvædʒ əˈneɪ ʃən)
1. the act or process of invaginating.
2. the inward movement of a portion of the wall of a blastula in the formation of a gastrula.
4. a form or shape resulting from an infolded tissue.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||invagination - the condition of being folded inward or sheathed|
condition - a mode of being or form of existence of a person or thing; "the human condition"
|2.||invagination - the folding in of an outer layer so as to form a pocket in the surface; "the invagination of the blastula"|
n. invaginación, proceso de inclusión de una parte dentro de otra.