Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
v. jabbed, jab·bing, jabs
1. To poke or thrust abruptly: jabbed a knife into the log.
2. To stab or pierce: jabbed the steak with a fork.
3. To punch (someone) with short straight blows.
1. To make an abrupt poking or thrusting motion: jabbed at the pickles with his fork.
2. To deliver a short straight punch.
1. A quick stab or blow.
2. Sports A short straight punch in boxing.
3. Informal A hypodermic injection.
[Variant of job.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||jabbing - a sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow); "he warned me with a jab with his finger"; "he made a thrusting motion with his fist"|
gesture - motion of hands or body to emphasize or help to express a thought or feeling
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
jabbingadj (pain) punzante
English-Spanish/Spanish-English Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.