jawbreaker(redirected from jawbreakingly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A very hard candy.
2. Slang A word that is difficult to pronounce.
3. A machine that crushes rock or ore.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Mechanical Engineering) Also called: jawcrusher a device having hinged jaws for crushing rocks and ores
2. informal a word that is hard to pronounce
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a word that is hard to pronounce.
2. a very hard, usu. round, candy.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||jawbreaker - a large round hard candy|
hard candy - candy that is brittle; "you can break a tooth on that hard candy"
|2.||jawbreaker - a word that is hard to pronounce|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.