Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. Chilled or otherwise congealed into jelly.
2. Coated with jelly.
3. Prepared or cooked in or with jelly.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. congealed into jelly, esp by cooling
2. (Cookery) containing, set in, or coated with jelly
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. congealed or brought to the consistency of jelly: jellied consommé.
2. containing or spread over with jelly or syrup.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||jellied - congealed into jelly; solidified by cooling; "in Georgia they serve congealed salads"|
solid - of definite shape and volume; firm; neither liquid nor gaseous; "ice is water in the solid state"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.