Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Idioms, Wikipedia.
v. jin·gled, jin·gling, jin·gles
1. To make a tinkling or ringing metallic sound.
2. To have the catchy sound of a simple, repetitious rhyme or doggerel.
To cause to make a tinkling or ringing metallic sound.
1. The sound produced by or as if by bits of metal striking together.
2. A piece of light singsong verse or rhyme.
3. A catchy, often musical advertising slogan.
[Middle English ginglen, of imitative origin.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||jingling - having a series of high-pitched ringing sounds like many small bells; "jingling sleigh bells"|
reverberant - having a tendency to reverberate or be repeatedly reflected; "a reverberant room"; "the reverberant booms of cannon"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.