Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
A city of western India southwest of Delhi. Center of a former princely state founded in the 1200s, it is an important wool market.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Placename) a former state of NW India, one of the W Rajputana states: now part of Rajasthan
2. (Placename) a walled city in NW India, in W Rajasthan: university (1962). Pop: 846 408 (2001)
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. jodhpurs, (used with a pl. v.) riding breeches cut very full over the hips and tapering at the knees to become tightfitting from the knees to the ankles.
2. Also called jodh′pur shoe`, jodh′pur boot`. an ankle-high shoe worn with such breeches, having a strap that encircles the ankle and buckles on the side.
[1895–1900; after Jodhpur]
Jodh•pur(ˈdʒɒd pər, ˈdʒoʊd pʊər)
1. Also called Marwar. a former state in NW India, now part of Rajasthan.
2. a city in central Rajasthan, in NW India. 494,000.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||jodhpur - a short riding boot that fastens with a buckle at the side|
riding boot - a boot without laces that is worn for riding horses; part of a riding habit
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.