Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to jog trot: trot out
1. A slow, steady trot, as of a horse.
2. A regular, humdrum way of living or of doing.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Horse Training, Riding & Manège) an easy bouncy gait, esp of a horse, midway between a walk and a trot
2. a monotonous or regular way of living or doing something
vb, -trots, -trotting or -trotted
(Horse Training, Riding & Manège) (intr) to move at a jog trot
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a slow, regular, jolting pace, as of a horse.
2. an uneventful, humdrum way of proceeding.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.