Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to jog trot: trot out
1. A slow, steady trot, as of a horse.
2. A regular, humdrum way of living or of doing.
1. (Horse Training, Riding & Manège) an easy bouncy gait, esp of a horse, midway between a walk and a trot
2. a monotonous or regular way of living or doing something
vb, -trots, -trotting or -trotted
(Horse Training, Riding & Manège) (intr) to move at a jog trot
1. a slow, regular, jolting pace, as of a horse.
2. an uneventful, humdrum way of proceeding.