Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A machine or tool used in making joints.
2. A tool used to cut grooves indicating the joints in concrete.
3. A triangular attachment to a plow used in covering trash or refuse.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Building) a tool for pointing mortar joints, as in brickwork
2. (Building) Also called: jointing plane a long plane for shaping the edges of planks so that they can be fitted together
3. a person or thing that makes joints
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a person or thing that joints.
2. a tool or machine used in making joints.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||jointer - a long carpenter's plane used to shape the edges of boards so they will fit together|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.