Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A machine or tool used in making joints.
2. A tool used to cut grooves indicating the joints in concrete.
3. A triangular attachment to a plow used in covering trash or refuse.
1. (Building) a tool for pointing mortar joints, as in brickwork
2. (Building) Also called: jointing plane a long plane for shaping the edges of planks so that they can be fitted together
3. a person or thing that makes joints
1. a person or thing that joints.
2. a tool or machine used in making joints.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||jointer - a long carpenter's plane used to shape the edges of boards so they will fit together|