Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
A member of the Prussian landed aristocracy, a class formerly associated with political reaction and militarism.
[German, from Middle High German junchērre, page, squire, from Old High German junchērro : junc, young; see yeu- in Indo-European roots + hērro, lord; see Herr.]
A old car or truck in poor condition.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Historical Terms) history any of the aristocratic landowners of Prussia who were devoted to maintaining their identity and extensive social and political privileges
2. an arrogant, narrow-minded, and tyrannical German army officer or official
3. (Historical Terms) (formerly) a young German nobleman
[C16: from German, from Old High German junchērro young lord, from junc young + hērro master, lord]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
a car that is old or in bad enough repair to be scrapped.
1. a member of a politically conservative class of Prussian landowners who formerly dominated the government and army of Germany.
2. a German official or military officer who is narrow-minded and overbearing.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.