Fitzgerald(redirected from kallikrein deficiency)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Fitz·Ger·ald(fĭts-jĕr′əld), Edward 1809-1883.
British poet and noted translator of The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám (1859).
Fitz·ger·ald(fĭts-jĕr′əld), Ella Jane 1917-1996.
American jazz singer known for her scat singing and for her expressive interpretation of lyrics. In the 1950s and 1960s she released an acclaimed series of records devoted to the work of important American songwriters.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Biography) Edward. 1809–83, English poet, noted particularly for his free translation of the Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám (1859)
2. (Biography) Ella. 1918–96, US jazz singer, noted esp for her vocal range and scat singing
3. (Biography) F(rancis) Scott (Key). 1896–1940, US novelist and short-story writer, noted particularly for his portrayal of the 1920s in The Great Gatsby (1925) and Tender is the Night (1934)
4. (Biography) Garret. 1926–2011, Irish politician; leader of Fine Gael Party (1977–87); prime minister of the Republic of Ireland (1981–82; and 1982–87)
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. Ella, 1917–96, U.S. jazz singer.
2. F(rancis) Scott (Key), 1896–1940, U.S. novelist.
Edward, 1809–83, English poet: translator of Omar Khayyám.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Fitzgerald - English poet remembered primarily for his free translation of the poetry of Omar Khayyam (1809-1883)|
|2.||Fitzgerald - United States author whose novels characterized the Jazz Age in the United States (1896-1940)|
|3.||Fitzgerald - United States scat singer (1917-1996)|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.