kicker(redirected from kick strip)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia.
Related to kick strip: kick the bucket
1. One that kicks: stayed clear of the donkey known to be a kicker; the team's kicker who kicks field goals.
a. A sudden, surprising turn of events or ending; a twist.
b. A tricky or concealed condition; a pitfall: "The kicker is that the relationship of guide and seeker gets all mixed up with a confusing male-female attachment" (Gail Sheehy).
3. A condition that imposes an automatic increase, as in a pension plan.
4. A small outboard motor.
1. a person or thing that kicks
2. (Soccer) sport a player in a rugby or occasionally a soccer team whose task is to attempt to kick conversions, penalty goals, etc
3. (Rugby) sport a player in a rugby or occasionally a soccer team whose task is to attempt to kick conversions, penalty goals, etc
4. slang US and Canadian a hidden and disadvantageous factor, such as a clause in a contract
5. (Nautical Terms) informal any light outboard motor for propelling a boat
6. (Card Games) poker the highest unpaired card in a hand, used to decide the outcome of an otherwise tied round
1. a person or thing that kicks.
a. a disadvantageous point or circumstance, usu. concealed or unnoticed.
b. a surprising change or turn of events.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||kicker - a player who kicks the football |
dropkicker - a football kicker who drops the ball and kicks it just as it reaches the ground
punter - (football) a person who kicks the football by dropping it from the hands and contacting it with the foot before it hits the ground