kif(redirected from KIFS)
Also found in: Acronyms, Wikipedia.
kifalso kief (kĭf, kēf) or kef (kĕf, kēf, kāf)
1. A loose or powdered form of cannabis resin used especially for smoking.
2. The euphoria caused by smoking kif.
[Colloquial Arabic kēf, from Arabic kayf, kef, condition, pleasure, opiate.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
kif(kɪf; kiːf) ,
1. (Recreational Drugs) another name for marijuana
2. (Pharmacology) any drug or agent that when smoked is capable of producing a euphoric condition
3. (Pharmacology) the euphoric condition produced by smoking marijuana
[C20: from Arabic kayf pleasure]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
kef(kif, keɪf, kɛf)
n. (in the Middle East)
1. a state of drowsy contentment, esp. from the use of a narcotic.
2. a substance, esp. a smoking preparation of hemp leaves, used to produce this state.
[1800–10; < Arabic kaif well-being, pleasure]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.