Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. Abbr. kt
1. A unit of weight or capacity equal to 1,000 metric tons.
2. An explosive energy equivalent to that of 1,000 metric tons of TNT.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Units) one thousand tons
2. (Units) an explosive power, esp of a nuclear weapon, equal to the power of 1000 tons of TNT
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a unit of weight, equal to 1000 tons.
2. an explosive force equal to that of 1000 tons of TNT.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||kiloton - one thousand tons|
avoirdupois unit - any of the units of the avoirdupois system of weights
megaton - one million tons
|2.||kiloton - a measure of explosive power (of an atomic weapon) equal to that of 1000 tons of TNT|
explosive unit - any unit for measuring the force of explosions
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.