kiltie(redirected from kilty)
1. One who wears a kilt.
2. A shoe having a fringed tongue that flaps over the instep.
3. The tongue of such a shoe.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
dialect Scot someone wearing a kilt, esp a soldier
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a person who wears a kilt, esp. a member of a regiment in which the kilt is worn as part of the dress uniform.
2. a sports shoe with a fringed tongue that flaps over the lacing.
3. the tongue of such a shoe.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.