kinglet(redirected from kinglets)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to kinglets: ruby-crowned kinglet
1. Any of several small grayish birds of the widely distributed genus Regulus, having a yellowish or reddish patch on the crown of the head.
2. A king ruling a kingdom considered small or unimportant.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. often derogatory the king of a small or insignificant territory
2. (Animals) US and Canadian any of various small warblers of the genus Regulus, having a black-edged yellow crown: family Muscicapidae
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a king ruling over a small country or territory.
2. any of several very small songbirds of the genus Regulus, of the Northern Hemisphere, having a patch of bright color on the crown of the head.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||kinglet - small birds resembling warblers but having some of the habits of titmice|
warbler - a small active songbird
goldcrest, golden-crested kinglet, Regulus regulus - European kinglet with a black-bordered yellow crown patch
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.