Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
v. kissed, kiss·ing, kiss·es
1. To touch or caress with the lips as an expression of affection, greeting, respect, or amorousness.
2. To touch lightly or gently: flowers that were kissed by dew.
3. To strike lightly; brush against: barely kissed the other car with the bumper.
1. To engage in mutual touching or caressing with the lips.
2. To come into light contact.
1. A caress or touch with the lips.
2. A slight or gentle touch.
3. A small piece of candy, especially of chocolate.
4. A drop cookie made of egg whites and sugar.
kiss off Slang
1. To dismiss or reject.
2. To be forced to give up or regard as lost: He can kiss off that promotion.
3. To leave or disappear from notice: got bad press by telling the reporters to kiss off.
kiss up SlangIdioms:
To behave obsequiously; fawn.
kiss ass Vulgar Slang
To act submissively or obsequiously in order to gain favor.
Informal To be forced to regard as lost, ruined, or hopeless: She can kiss her vacation plans goodbye.
[Middle English kissen, from Old English cyssan.]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||kissing - affectionate play (or foreplay without contact with the genital organs)|
snogging - (British informal) cuddle and kiss