Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
A defensive encampment encircled by armored vehicles or wagons.
intr.v. laa·gered, laa·ger·ing, laa·gers
To camp in a defensive encirclement.
1. (in Africa) a camp, esp one defended by a circular formation of wagons
2. (Military) military a place where armoured vehicles are parked
3. to form (wagons) into a laager
4. (tr) to park (armoured vehicles) in a laager
[C19: from Afrikaans lager, via German from Old High German legar bed, lair]
n. South African.
1. an encampment, esp. within a protective circle of wagons.v.i.
2. to camp in a laager.
[1840–50; < Afrikaans laer, earlier lager; see lair]
Past participle: laagered
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||laager - a camp defended by a circular formation of wagons|
bivouac, camp, cantonment, encampment - temporary living quarters specially built by the army for soldiers; "wherever he went in the camp the men were grumbling"