Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to lacing: Tight lacing
1. Something that laces; a lace.
2. A touch of liquor added to a beverage or food.
3. Informal A beating or thrashing.
1. the act of one that laces.
2. a beating; thrashing.
3. a small amount of liquor or any other substance added to food or drink.
4. a lace used for fastening, as in a shoe.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||lacing - a small amount of liquor added to a food or beverage|
|2.||lacing - a cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment)|
bootlace - a long lace for fastening boots
cord - a line made of twisted fibers or threads; "the bundle was tied with a cord"
shoe - footwear shaped to fit the foot (below the ankle) with a flexible upper of leather or plastic and a sole and heel of heavier material
|3.||lacing - the act of inflicting corporal punishment with repeated blows|
corporal punishment - the infliction of physical injury on someone convicted of committing a crime
flogging, lashing, whipping, flagellation, tanning - beating with a whip or strap or rope as a form of punishment
flagellation - beating as a source of erotic or religious stimulation