lacteal(redirected from Lacteals)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Of, relating to, or resembling milk.
2. Anatomy Of or relating to any of numerous minute intestinal lymph-carrying vessels that convey chyle from the intestine to lymphatic circulation and thereby to the thoracic duct.
A lacteal vessel.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. of, relating to, or resembling milk
2. (Physiology) (of lymphatic vessels) conveying or containing chyle
(Anatomy) any of the lymphatic vessels conveying chyle from the small intestine to the thoracic duct
[C17: from Latin lacteus of milk, from lac milk]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
lac•te•al(ˈlæk ti əl)
1. pertaining to, consisting of, or resembling milk; milky.
2. conveying or containing chyle.n.
3. any of the minute lymphatic vessels that convey chyle from the small intestine to the thoracic duct.
[1625–35; < Latin lacte(us) milky (lact-, s. of lac milk)]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||lacteal - any of the lymphatic vessels that convey chyle from the small intestine to the thoracic duct|
|Adj.||1.||lacteal - relating to or consisting of or producing or resembling milk; "lacteal fluids"; "lacteal organs"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
lacteal[ˈlæktɪəl] ADJ → lácteo
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005