Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
a. The act or process of laminating.
b. The state of being laminated.
2. Something laminated.
3. A lamina.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. the act of laminating or the state of being laminated
2. a layered structure
3. a layer; lamina
4. (Electrical Engineering) one of a set of iron plates forming the core of an electrical transformer
5. (Geological Science) geology laminar stratification, typically shown by shales
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
lam•i•na•tion(ˌlæm əˈneɪ ʃən)
1. the act of laminating or of being laminated.
2. arrangement in thin layers.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||lamination - a layered structure|
laminate - a sheet of material made by bonding two or more sheets or layers
|2.||lamination - bonding thin sheets together|
creating from raw materials - the act of creating something that is different from the materials that went into it
veneering - the act of applying veneer
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.