Also found in: Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. A reporter whose job is to gather information at the scene of an event or from various news sources.
2. An assistant who performs tasks such as gathering information or running errands, especially outside the workplace.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
n, pl -men
1. (Professions) a newsman who reports on news stories from the scene of action or original source
2. (Professions) a person employed to run errands, collect information, etc, outside an office
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
n., pl. -men (-ˌmɛn, -mən)
1. a person employed as an assistant to gather information, run errands, etc.
2. a reporter who gathers news firsthand.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
legman[ˈlegmæn] N (legmen (pl)) → reportero/a m/f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005