legman(redirected from legmen)
Also found in: Idioms.
1. A reporter whose job is to gather information at the scene of an event or from various news sources.
2. An assistant who performs tasks such as gathering information or running errands, especially outside the workplace.
n, pl -men
1. (Professions) a newsman who reports on news stories from the scene of action or original source
2. (Professions) a person employed to run errands, collect information, etc, outside an office
n., pl. -men (-ˌmɛn, -mən)
1. a person employed as an assistant to gather information, run errands, etc.
2. a reporter who gathers news firsthand.