Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to letdown: milk letdown
let·downor let-down (lĕt′doun′)
1. A decrease, decline, or relaxation, as of effort or energy.
2. A disappointment: The cancellation of the game was a real letdown.
3. The descent made by an aircraft in order to land.
4. A physiological response in lactating females, activated usually in response to sucking or crying by an infant, in which milk previously secreted into the alveoli of the breasts is released into the ducts that lead to the nipple.
1. a disillusionment or disappointment: The news was a letdown.
2. depression; deflation: I felt a terrible letdown after the party.
3. a decrease in volume, force, energy, etc.
4. the descent of an aircraft preparatory to a landing approach.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||letdown - a feeling of dissatisfaction that results when your expectations are not realized; "his hopes were so high he was doomed to disappointment"|
dissatisfaction - the feeling of being displeased and discontent; "he was never slow to express his dissatisfaction with the service he received"