lidless(redirected from lidlessly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
1. Having no lid or lids.
2. Archaic Watchful; vigilant. Used of an eye or eyes.
1. having no lid or top
2. (Anatomy) (of animals) having no eyelids
3. archaic vigilant and watchful
1. without or as if without lids.
2. watchful, as with unblinking eyes; vigilant.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||lidless - not having or covered with a lid or lids; "a lidless container"|
lidded - having or covered with a lid or lids; often used in combination; "milk is left in a large lidded mug"; "heavy-lidded eyes"
|2.||lidless - having no lid; "a lidless container"|
topless - having no top; "a topless jar"
|3.||lidless - always watchful; "to an eye like mine, a lidless watcher of the public weal"- Alfred Tennyson|