life history(redirected from life histories)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. The history of changes undergone by an organism from inception or conception to death.
2. The developmental history of an individual or a group in society.
1. (Biology) the series of changes undergone by an organism between fertilization of the egg and death
2. the series of events that make up a person's life
1. the history of developmental changes undergone by an organism from inception to death.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||life history - an account of the series of events making up a person's life|
account, chronicle, history, story - a record or narrative description of past events; "a history of France"; "he gave an inaccurate account of the plot to kill the president"; "the story of exposure to lead"
autobiography - a biography of yourself
hagiography - a biography that idealizes or idolizes the person (especially a person who is a saint)
profile - biographical sketch
|2.||life history - the general progression of your working or professional life; "the general had had a distinguished career"; "he had a long career in the law"|