Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. The history of changes undergone by an organism from inception or conception to death.
2. The developmental history of an individual or a group in society.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Biology) the series of changes undergone by an organism between fertilization of the egg and death
2. the series of events that make up a person's life
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the history of developmental changes undergone by an organism from inception to death.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||life history - an account of the series of events making up a person's life|
account, chronicle, history, story - a record or narrative description of past events; "a history of France"; "he gave an inaccurate account of the plot to kill the president"; "the story of exposure to lead"
autobiography - a biography of yourself
hagiography - a biography that idealizes or idolizes the person (especially a person who is a saint)
profile - biographical sketch
|2.||life history - the general progression of your working or professional life; "the general had had a distinguished career"; "he had a long career in the law"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.