Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A weight division in professional boxing having an upper limit of 175 pounds (78.7 kilograms), between super middleweight and cruiserweight.
2. A boxer competing in this weight division.
3. A similar weight division in other sports, such as weightlifting.
4. A contestant in this weight division.
a. a professional boxer weighing 160–175 pounds (72.5–79.5 kg)
b. an amateur boxer weighing 75–81 kg (165–179 pounds)
c. (as modifier): a light-heavyweight bout.
2. (Wrestling) a wrestler in a similar weight category (usually 192–214 pounds (87–97 kg))
a boxer intermediate in weight between a middleweight and a heavyweight, esp. a professional boxer weighing up to 175 lb. (80 kg).
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||light heavyweight - an amateur boxer who weighs no more than 179 pounds|
|2.||light heavyweight - a wrestler who weighs 192-214 pounds|
|3.||light heavyweight - a professional boxer who weighs between 169 and 175 pounds|