Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Providing light; luminous.
2. Covered with or full of light; bright.
1. Light, nimble, or graceful in movement.
2. Free from worry or care; cheerful.
3. Frivolous; silly.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
2. airy or buoyant
3. not serious; frivolous
1. producing or reflecting light
2. full of or flooded with light
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. light, esp. in form, appearance, or movement; airy; buoyant; agile.
2. cheerful; gay; lighthearted.
3. frivolous; changeable.
1. emitting or reflecting light; luminous.
2. well-lighted; illuminated; bright.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||lightsome - moving easily and quickly; nimble; "the dancer was light and graceful"; "a lightsome buoyant step"; "walked with a light tripping step"|
light-footed - (of movement) having a light and springy step; "a light-footed girl"
|2.||lightsome - carefree and happy and lighthearted; "was loved for her blithe spirit"; "a merry blithesome nature"; "her lighthearted nature"; "trilling songs with a lightsome heart"|
cheerful - being full of or promoting cheer; having or showing good spirits; "her cheerful nature"; "a cheerful greeting"; "a cheerful room"; "as cheerful as anyone confined to a hospital bed could be"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.