gangbuster(redirected from like gangbusters)
Also found in: Idioms.
A law enforcement officer who works to break up organized criminal groups.
adj. also gangbustersIdiom:
Extremely successful: an experiment yielding gangbuster results; a profitable, gangbusters quarter.
like gangbusters Slang
With great impact, vigor, or zeal: came on like gangbusters at the start of his campaign; a career that took off like gangbusters.
1. (Law) an officer of the law who specializes in detecting and breaking up criminal organizations, often forcefully or violently
2. a success; hit
3. extremely successful; fantastic
4. (of a person) driven; determined
1. a law-enforcement officer who specializes in breaking up gangs of criminals.
2. gangbusters, an outstandingly successful state.adj.
3. strikingly effective or successful: a gangbusters year for compact cars.
4. enthusiastic: to be gangbusters over an idea.Idioms:
like gangbusters, with vigor and speed.Often, gangbusters.