resting(redirected from limb resting)
Also found in: Medical.
1. Occurring during a state of inactivity: a resting pulse.
2. Biology In a temporary phase of not growing, dividing, or being active: the resting brain; resting spores.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. not moving or working; at rest
2. (Theatre) euphemistic (of an actor) out of work
3. (Botany) (esp of plant spores) undergoing a period of dormancy before germination
4. (Biology) (of cells) not undergoing mitosis
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
- lotus position - Sitting with the feet resting on the thighs.
- resting - A kind adjective for "between acting jobs."
- superincumbent - Means "on the surface of" or "lying or resting upon."
- couchant - Describing a cat sitting with its body resting on its legs and its head raised.
Farlex Trivia Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.
a. inactivo-a, en reposo, en estado de descanso.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
restingadj en reposo; — heart rate frecuencia cardíaca en reposo
English-Spanish/Spanish-English Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.