Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to linage: lineage
the number of printed lines; the amount charged (or paid) per printed line
Not to be confused with:
lineage – ancestry, pedigree, parentage, genealogy
Abused, Confused, & Misused Words by Mary Embree Copyright © 2007, 2013 by Mary Embree
lin·agealso line·age (lī′nĭj)
1. The number of lines of printed or written material.
2. Payment for written work at a specified amount per line.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) the number of lines in a piece of written or printed matter
2. (Journalism & Publishing) payment for written material calculated according to the number of lines
3. a less common word for alignment
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the number of printed lines, esp. agate lines, covered by a magazine article, newspaper advertisement, etc.
2. the amount charged, paid, or received per printed line, as of a magazine article or short story.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||linage - the number of lines in a piece of printed material|
number - a concept of quantity involving zero and units; "every number has a unique position in the sequence"
|2.||linage - a rate of payment for written material that is measured according to the number of lines submitted|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
linage[ˈlaɪnɪdʒ] N (Press) → número m de líneas
advertising linage → espacio m destinado a publicidad
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
n (Press) → Zeilenzahl f; advertising linage → Anzeigenzeilenzahl f; linage advertisement → Kleinanzeige f
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007