Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
a. The act or process of linking.
b. The condition of being linked.
2. A connection or relation; an association.
3. A negotiating policy of making agreement on one issue dependent on progress toward another objective.
4. A system of interconnected machine elements, such as rods, springs, and pivots, used to transmit power or motion.
5. Electricity A measure of the induced voltage in a circuit caused by a magnetic flux and equal to the flux times the number of turns in the coil that surrounds it.
6. Genetics An association between two or more genes such that the traits they control tend to be inherited together.
1. the act of linking or the state of being linked
2. (Mechanical Engineering) a system of interconnected levers or rods for transmitting or regulating the motion of a mechanism
3. (Electronics) electronics the product of the total number of lines of magnetic flux and the number of turns in a coil or circuit through which they pass
4. (Genetics) genetics the occurrence of two genes close together on the same chromosome so that they are unlikely to be separated during crossing over and tend to be inherited as a single unit
5. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) the fact of linking separate but related issues in the course of political negotiations
1. the act of linking, or the state or manner of being linked.
2. a system of links.
3. an association of two or more genes, usu. on the same chromosome, that tend to be inherited as a unit (link′age group`) and to express a set of characteristic traits.
4. an assembly of four or more rods for transmitting motion, usu. in the same plane or in parallel planes.
5. a factor or relationship that connects or ties one thing to another; link: Officials sought to establish a linkage between tax cuts and investment levels.
6. a measure of the voltage induced in a circuit, equal to the product of the magnetic flux and the number of turns in the surrounding coil.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||linkage - an associative relation|
connection, connexion, connectedness - a relation between things or events (as in the case of one causing the other or sharing features with it); "there was a connection between eating that pickle and having that nightmare"
|2.||linkage - (genetics) traits that tend to be inherited together as a consequence of an association between their genes; all of the genes of a given chromosome are linked (where one goes they all go)|
hereditary pattern, inheritance - (genetics) attributes acquired via biological heredity from the parents
|3.||linkage - a mechanical system of rods or springs or pivots that transmits power or motion|
mechanical system - a system of elements that interact on mechanical principles
|4.||linkage - the act of linking things together|
linkage[ˈlɪŋkɪdʒ] n (= connection) → lien m
n. vínculo, unión, asociación de genes.