Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
liv·a·blealso live·a·ble (lĭv′ə-bəl)
1. Suitable to live in; habitable: a livable dwelling.
2. Possible to bear; endurable: livable trials and tribulations.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (of a room, house, etc) suitable for living in
2. worth living; tolerable
3. (foll by with) pleasant to live (with)
ˈlivableness, ˈliveableness, ˌlivaˈbility, ˌliveaˈbility n
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
or live•a•ble(ˈlɪv ə bəl)
1. suitable for living in; habitable; comfortable: to make a house livable.
2. worth living; endurable: something to make life more livable.
3. able to be lived with; companionable (often used in combination with with): charming but not altogether livable-with.
liv′a•ble•ness, liv`a•bil′i•ty, n.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||livable - fit or suitable to live in or with; "livable conditions"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
1. habitable, fit (for human habitation), comfortable, adequate, satisfactory, inhabitable It was voted the most livable city in the US.
2. tolerable, acceptable, worthwhile, bearable, passable, worth living, supportable, endurable, sufferable They were given livable pensions to sustain themselves and their children.
Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 © HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
livable[ˈlɪvəbl] adj (gen) → vivibile; (house) → abitabile
he's not livable with (fam) → è insopportabile
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995